Use Zapier to trigger your Coupon Carrier Code Email
Coupon Carrier is a promotional tool to help you gain email subscribers or foot traffic by delivering unique time-sensitive discounts and coupons to your email subscribers — Connects directly to your favorite email service provider.
We have native integrations with the most popular email and e-commerce services but in case we don't yet support the ones you use we strongly recommend using our Zapier integration which allows you to connect Coupon Carrier to hundreds of other apps.
Here's an overview of what you can do with Coupon Carrier and Zapier
- Trigger a Code Email to be sent to an email address. A Code Email is a customizable email that contains a unique code, either as text or as a QR/Barcode.
- Create a new unique Redeem Link that allows the person who clicks the link to see their unique code (it's assigned to them the first time they click the link)
- Pick the next available code from a selected Code List
- All of the above uses Code Lists where you can choose to either import your own set of codes or generate them automatically from supported services.
Example: How to send out a unique code to each new Mailchimp subscriber
We also have a direct integration with Mailchimp as shown in this getting started guide if you don't want to use Zapier. This solution is general and would work in a very similar way with other email services.
Create your Code Email in Coupon Carrier
- Start by creating a new Code Email and choose Zapier as a trigger.
- You can choose to customize the email content with your sender details, logo, message, as well as a call-to-action button and QR/Barcode options.
- In the next step, you select which Code List you want this configuration to pick codes from. You can also create a new autogenerated list if you use Shopify, WooCommerce, or other supported services.
- Save your changes and activate the configuration before you continue to the next step:
Create your Zap in Zapier to trigger your Code Email when new Mailchimp subscribers are added
Here's a short video showing the process of choosing a Mailchimp trigger and Coupon Carrier's action for sending a Code Email:
- Log in to your Zapier account and create a new Zap. Select the Mailchimp App and the New Subscriber trigger. Continue to the next step where you can connect to your Mailchimp account and then select which email list to target.
- In order to perform the test on the Find Data step, you should add yourself to this email list. This will allow Zapier to test the new subscriber response and see which values that are sent from MailChimp. This email address is also the one that will receive the Code Email test in the last test step, so use an email address that you've got access to.
- Next, search for Coupon Carrier and add it. Select to Send a Code Email and then connect Zapier to your Coupon Carrier account. Your API key can be found under the account menu:
- In the Customize Code step, you can select the recipient's email address by pulling the email address from the previous Mailchimp trigger. The configuration you select is the Code Email that you created earlier in Coupon Carrier. You'll need to make sure that the Code Email is activated in order for it to show up on this list. If it doesn't show up, go back to Coupon Carrier and activate the Code Email and then return to Zapier where you can reload the page.
- Test the integration by proceeding to the next step. You should see that the code has been delivered if you log in to your Coupon Carrier account as well as receiving the email with the code.